Last week I was lucky enough to receive a Discovery Club box by The Fragrance Shop. If you haven’t heard of these before (which I hadn’t until now), they are the fragrance version of the Glossy Box. Instead of getting samples of beauty products you may not usually go for, the Discovery Club box includes a variety of scents in cute little 2ml bottles; also the perfect size to pop in your handbag.
The Discovery Club is available for just £5 per quarter, where you receive a collection of samples of newly released fragrances from each season. Not only that, it comes with a booklet with information about each one that’s included, as well as a handful of vouchers to use; there was £40 worth with this edition.. not bad at all!
What I liked about the booklet was that it gave me an idea of which fragrances I would like before I sprayed them; I’m a sweet, fruity/floral fragrance lover, so I was instantly attracted to all of the female scents in this box! Gotta’ love summer.
- I already own Prada Candy, so Candy Florale was an instant hit. The clue was in the title; this is a more floral version of the sweet original, and it’s a lovely day scent.
- My mum owns Paco Rabanne’s Lady Million, so I had to give her the Eau My Gold. She loved it, so it may be a potential birthday/Christmas present.
- I know I’m not the only girl who would love a bit of Agent Provocateur in their wardrobe. Their fragrance Fatale is a gorgeous fruity but musky scent, which would be perfect for an occasion as it’s slightly heavier than your average day perfume.
- Givenchy’s Dahlia Divin was another fragrance that had a lovely floral scent that stayed put. This one has a more classic than sexy scent than Agent Provocateur‘s, so it would suit most occasions.
- And finally, for my favourite, was Ghost Eclipse. This is another amazing day scent that smells like summer. It’s fruity and floral but reminds me of the sun and the beach. I’m not sure why, but I love it.
As for the 2 fragrances for him, I can’t really judge. I am however very fussy when it comes to men’s scents, and this edition came with Lacoste L!VE and Givenchy’s Gentlemen Only. Lacoste‘s was very young, fresh and fun, but Givenchy‘s was my favourite. It’s classic, sophisticated but still fruity. I’ll be giving these to my boyfriend or my dad to see what they think.
So back to the box; I think it’s a great idea, and although I was sent this I can genuinely say I’ll be subscribing to this for the Autumn edition. I’m always at the perfume counter spraying myself with different scents and I go through perfume like water, so I find this the perfect way to try out fragrances I wouldn’t usually go for. I can’t wait until later this year; it will give me plenty of ideas to put on my Christmas list!
What do you think of the Discovery Club Box?